Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Stoops Says "You Never Know"
Fri January 3, 2014
Stoops To Go Pro?
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is the latest college coach to be linked to Cleveland's head coaching vacancy.
Just hours after his Sooners stunned Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, Stoops, a Youngstown, Ohio native, didn't rule out the possibility of jumping to the NFL. On Dan Patrick's national radio show, Stoops said he's not looking to pursue a pro job but "you never know down the road."
Later, Stoops would not discuss rumors tying him to the Browns' job with Oklahoma writers and again said "you never know" when pressed on the subject.
The Browns fired Rob Chudzinski following one season. The team has interviewed candidates and is reportedly interested in speaking with Auburn coach Gus Malzahn.
Last year, Browns owner Jimmy Kelly targeted Chip Kelly to be Cleveland's coach, but the former Oregon coach decided to take Philadelphia's job.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.