Most Active Stories
- Iran And India: Two Countries Separated By A Common Language
- Group Hires Ex-Convicts To Rebuild Oklahoma After 2013 Tornadoes
- Full Supreme Court To Hear Common Core Challenge
- Top Business Stories: Increased Tax Revenues, HP 'Lands' In Tulsa, And OKC Okays Cabela Incentives
- High-Rate Disposal Wells Could Have Triggered Oklahoma Earthquakes, New Study Suggests
Tue September 10, 2013
T. Boone Pickens Disappointed With Sports Illustrated
Oklahoma State University megabooster T. Boone Pickens says he's disappointed with Sports Illustrated over the magazine's reports alleging wrongdoing at OSU.
The first of a five-part series released by Sports Illustrated Tuesday says players were paid thousands of dollars for at least a decade as the program grew into a national power under coaches Les Miles and Mike Gundy. OSU said it notified the NCAA about the report and began its own investigation.
Pickens has given more than $500 million to OSU for athletics and academics. He issued a statement saying the report doesn't indicate what OSU is today and that he's disappointed with Sports Illustrated.
Pickens says he's gotten his money's worth from his donations, that he welcomes the scrutiny and that the football program is committed "to principled sportsmanship."
KGOU relies on voluntary contributions from readers and listeners to further its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. To contribute to our efforts, make your donation online, or contact our Membership department.