Most Active Stories
- One Dead After Oklahoma Flooding, Tornadoes; Fallin Declares State Of Emergency
- Norman Man Faces Charges For Teaching People How To Beat A Lie Detector
- What Oklahoma Farmers Think About The Right-To-Farm Issue In Oklahoma
- House Introduces Resolution Directing University Of Oklahoma To Return Controversial Painting
- How The 1970s Changed The Role Of Human Rights In U.S. Foreign Policy
part of post-surgery protocol
Thu March 20, 2014
Thunder Star Westbrook Will Sit Out Tonight's Game
Oklahoma City All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook will sit out tonight's game against the Cavaliers to rest his right knee.
Westbrook had surgery earlier this season, and the team is being careful with one of its star players. Oklahoma City plays Friday night in Toronto, and coach Scott Brooks said part of Westbrook's post-surgery protocol is to occasionally sit out when the team has back-to-back games.
Reggie Jackson will start at point for Westbrook, who averages 21.4 points and 7.2 rebounds. Jackson will make his 32nd start this season.
The Cavs, too, are without two of their best players. All-Star Kyrie Irving is expected to be out two weeks with a strained biceps tendon, and forward Luol Deng will miss his second game in a row with a sore ankle.
KGOU relies on voluntary contributions from readers and listeners to further its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. To contribute to our efforts, make your donation online, or contact our Membership department.