Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Fri December 27, 2013
Thunder's Westbrook Out Until After All-Star Break
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook has undergone arthroscopic knee surgery and won't return until after the All-Star break.
General manager Sam Presti says in a statement Friday that Westbrook has been playing pain free, but "recently had experienced increased swelling" in his right knee.
Presti says the team consulted with a surgeon in Los Angeles and an MRI determined there was "an area of concern that had not previously existed."
Presti says "We know that Russell's work ethic and commitment will help him return to the level of play that we have all come to appreciate."
The Thunder visit the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday night.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Will Miss 4-6 Weeks of NBA Season