Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
No life threatening injuries
Mon June 2, 2014
Trooper And Cadet Shot During Training Exercise
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a trooper and a cadet have been shot during a training exercise.
The patrol says they were shot Monday at the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office shooting range. A spokeswoman, Lt. Betsy Randolph, says both were taken to the University of Oklahoma Medical Center in good condition.
The shooting occurred about 3:45 p.m. Randolph says that during the exercise, the cadet and the trooper were accidentally shot with one bullet through the leg and through the hand.
Randolph says an investigation into the incident is in the early stages but both the cadet and trooper are expected to recover quickly. They were not immediately identified.
Last year, an Oklahoma County sheriff's deputy was accidentally shot in the leg during a training exercise at the gun range.