Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
Around The State
Wed September 11, 2013
Tulsa Senator Announces Bid For County DA
A Republican state senator from Tulsa says he plans to run for Tulsa County district attorney in 2014.
Sen. Brian Crain said he filed campaign documents on Wednesday with the Oklahoma Ethics Commission indicating his plans to seek the post.
An attorney with the Tulsa firm Hanson & Holmes, Crain worked in the Tulsa County district attorney's office from 1996 to 1998 before entering private practice. He was first elected to the Senate in 2004 and will be unable to seek another term in 2016 because of term limits. He does not need to give up his Senate seat to run for district attorney.
Current Tulsa County District Attorney Tim Harris has been the top prosecutor in the state's second largest county since 1998.