Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Following Oklahoma's 2013 Tornadoes, Where Does Federal Aid Really Go?
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
Tue July 16, 2013
Tulsa World Trimming Staff
The Tulsa World says it's cutting 50 jobs as it restructures under its new ownership in BH Media Group.
Publisher Bill Masterson announced the cuts Monday. Twelve positions were eliminated immediately in the administrative, information technology and production departments, while the remaining cuts will occur over the next several months.
Masterson said several Tulsa World positions will be shifted to BH Media Group, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Co. For example, nine of the information technology positions that were eliminated will be transferred to BH Media Group. Masterson says those employees will still live in Tulsa.
In a letter to readers posted Tuesday, Masterson said the newspaper has "the hardest working, most informed group of news gatherers in this region" and says the company will work to support that.