Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Tue July 16, 2013
Tulsa World Trimming Staff
The Tulsa World says it's cutting 50 jobs as it restructures under its new ownership in BH Media Group.
Publisher Bill Masterson announced the cuts Monday. Twelve positions were eliminated immediately in the administrative, information technology and production departments, while the remaining cuts will occur over the next several months.
Masterson said several Tulsa World positions will be shifted to BH Media Group, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Co. For example, nine of the information technology positions that were eliminated will be transferred to BH Media Group. Masterson says those employees will still live in Tulsa.
In a letter to readers posted Tuesday, Masterson said the newspaper has "the hardest working, most informed group of news gatherers in this region" and says the company will work to support that.