Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
On April 5
Thu March 27, 2014
Westboro Baptist Church To Picket Outside Moore Liquor Store
A Kansas church noted for picketing the funerals of soldiers and AIDS patients plans to protest outside a Moore liquor store that held a sale following the death of the church's pastor.
Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church died March 19. The Moore Liquor Store offered 10 percent off champagne and erected a sign noting Phelps' death and said the sale was "not a coincidence."
Store owner Bryan Kerr told the Oklahoman newspaper that while some people didn't like the sign, "99 out of 100" people do support him.
The newspaper reported that church members plan to picket the store April 5 and sent a Twitter message Wednesday about the protest. The message was also sent to local media on Thursday.