Most Active Stories
- Full Supreme Court To Hear Common Core Challenge
- Top Business Stories: Increased Tax Revenues, HP 'Lands' In Tulsa, And OKC Okays Cabela Incentives
- High-Rate Disposal Wells Could Have Triggered Oklahoma Earthquakes, New Study Suggests
- Out-Of-State Students More Than Double At Oklahoma Colleges
- Oklahoma Medicaid Providers Face More Possible Cuts
Fri August 16, 2013
World Views: August 16, 2013
On Thursday President Obama canceled joint military exercises with Egypt. Samer Shehata, a University of Oklahoma professor of Middle East Studies and an expert on Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood, says while the move was the least President Obama could do, it was still necessary.
Foreign aid to post-conflict countries usually focuses on rebuilding physical infrastructure. Peter Weinberger says in countries where there are deep divisions between religious, ethnic, or tribal groups, social reconstruction is more important, and can be much more difficult to achieve, than physical reconstruction.