Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- Oklahoma Anti-Gay Business Bill Dead This Session
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Fri November 8, 2013
World Views: November 8, 2013
Earlier this week anti-American protests in Iran marked 34 years since the storming of the Embassy in Tehran, and the start of the 18-month hostage crisis. Suzette Grillot talks about the anniversary with Joshua Landis, who also provides a brief update on Saudi Arabia's frustration with the U.S. over Syria.
Later, a conversation with Boston University modern European historian Jonathan Zatlin. He says parts of Europe's debt crisis can be explained by religious tension between the Protestant North and the Catholic South.
KGOU relies on voluntary contributions from readers and listeners to further its mission of public service with internationally-focused programming for Oklahoma and beyond. To contribute to our efforts, make your donation online, or contact our Membership department.