Most Active Stories
- Conservatives To Protest Attorney General Eric Holder's Oklahoma Trip
- Millions Of Pounds Worth Of Tornado Debris: Where Does It All Go?
- Dank: Oklahoma 'Wasted' $4.2M On 'August: Osage County'
- Elementary School Alternative To Land Run Reenactments Offers More Sides Of The Story
- Three Reasons Why American Artists Rarely Painted The Civil War
Fri October 25, 2013
World Views: October 25, 2013
Rebecca Cruise and Suzette Grillot discuss record levels of smog that are forcing the closure of schools and businesses in Northeast China, and heavy-handed tactics by Russia toward its former Soviet neighbors.
University of Oklahoma historian Kyle Harper joins the program to talk about how smallpox and the bubonic plague contributed to the fall of the Roman Empire. His latest project focuses on the effects of disease and climate change on the history of civilization.
KGOU relies on voluntary contributions from readers and listeners to further its mission of public service with internationally-focused interviews for Oklahoma. To contribute to our efforts, make your donation online, or contact our Membership department.