Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Protests, Prayers Highlight 'Muslim Day' At The Oklahoma Capitol
- History Hysteria: How Oklahoma's Teachers Are Tackling The AP U.S. History Course
- Proposed Bill Would Give Governor New Appointment Power
- Panel On Oklahoma’s Economy: A Growing State With A Declining Workforce
- State Arts, Libraries Agencies Prepare for Further Cuts
Assignment: Radio is KGOU's student-produced public affairs program focusing on issues and events on the University of Oklahoma campus.
Each semester since Fall 2004, the staff of KGOU has helped a small group of University of Oklahoma students produce programs on topics ranging from OU's connection with Iraq to the university's alcoholic beverage policy to an entire show taking a behind-the-scenes look at OU football game day.
Student producers typically meet in a class once a week to critique previous shows, discuss their upcoming stories and brainstorm future program topics. Their work is graded, and they earn class credits for their participation with the show.