Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
- New Speaker Of The House Hickman Announces Changes In Leadership
- Lost (And Found) In Translation: Three Authors Find Their Place Through Literature
Assignment: Radio is KGOU's student-produced public affairs program focusing on issues and events on the University of Oklahoma campus.
Each semester since Fall 2004, the staff of KGOU has helped a small group of University of Oklahoma students produce programs on topics ranging from OU's connection with Iraq to the university's alcoholic beverage policy to an entire show taking a behind-the-scenes look at OU football game day.
Student producers typically meet in a class once a week to critique previous shows, discuss their upcoming stories and brainstorm future program topics. Their work is graded, and they earn class credits for their participation with the show.