On-Air Calendar Guidelines
KGOU airs public service announcements throughout our regular programming. Here are the requirements for submitting a public service announcement:
1. Please understand that we receive hundreds of requests a week for PSAs and we cannot guarantee that your announcement will air. We reserve all editorial rights including the refusal of your submission. Non-profit organizations are given high priority and the most consideration. For-profit entities are very rarely given air time unless they are sponsoring an event benefiting a non-profit or service organization.
2. PSAs must be submitted at least three weeks before the event. If the submission is not received three weeks prior to the event the calendar item will most likely not air. PSAs must include a contact phone number. No home phone numbers, please (unless there is no other option and you don't mind the number broadcast on air).
3. Once your announcement has been written and recorded, no changes can be made (i.e. change of phone number, etc.) unless a mistake has been made by KGOU.
4. If your announcement is ongoing, for example a service to the community such as a hotline, the announcement will run for up to one month. Other announcements will air up to the day before the event.
5. Submitted items must be of an overall interest or benefit to a majority of our audience. Please keep this in mind when considering whether your submission is appropriate. Please do not submit for-profit advertisements.
The KGOU online calendar is provided as a public service for the sole purpose of aiding the community. The information and services published on this site may include inaccuracies, omissions, or errors for which KGOU, its funders, sponsors, underwriters, and the organizations listed, are not responsible. Every reasonable effort has been made by KGOU, its funders, sponsors, underwriters, and the organizations listed, to provide accurate, up-to-date information.
Neither KGOU, its funders, sponsors, underwriters, nor the organizations listed shall be held responsible for any special, consequential, or exemplary damages resulting, in whole or in part, from any viewer(s)’ use of or reliance upon this material. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. By using the information contained herein, the viewer willingly assumes all risks in connections with such use. Users of this KGOU online calendar are fully responsible for checking the accuracy, completeness, currency and suitability of the events posted.
The producers of the KGOU calendar may make improvements and/or changes to this site at any time. The KGOU online calendar provides no guarantee that individual events will be broadcast on KGOU. The events broadcast on KGOU are subject to time and content restrictions whereas the online version of the KGOU calendar is not. KGOU reserves the right to refuse to post any event at any time.
Any advertisements or services stated herein are not endorsed or approved by KGOU, its funders, sponsors, underwriters, nor any of the organizations shown. Links to other websites from the calendar are provided for convenience only. No endorsement of any third party web site, services or information is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to, included on, or linked from or to this online calendar.