Most Active Stories
- Full Supreme Court To Hear Common Core Challenge
- Top Business Stories: Increased Tax Revenues, HP 'Lands' In Tulsa, And OKC Okays Cabela Incentives
- High-Rate Disposal Wells Could Have Triggered Oklahoma Earthquakes, New Study Suggests
- Trooper On Paid Leave Pending Investigation Into DUI
- Out-Of-State Students More Than Double At Oklahoma Colleges
Open to students enrolled at the University of Oklahoma
Spring 2014 Semester
JMC 3011, section 3 – Practicum KGOU Radio, 1 credit, requires 6 hours per week during business hours, 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
JMC 4990/5990, section 25 – Independent Study, 1-3 credits, requires 6 hours per week per credit
Prior audio production experience is helpful.
Students in JMC 3011 or JMC 4990/5990 will meet for the first four Fridays at 1:30 pm of the semester for orientation and training, which will count toward the accumulation of weekly hours.
Students will work in one or more of the following areas:
- Music Show Preparation Assistant: research and prepare materials for on-air music programs and productions.
- Web assistant: prepare materials for web and post to various KGOU sites.
- Calendar assistant: prepare materials for web, write and edit broadcast copy.
- Operations assistant: edit audio files, do audio production.
Radio News, 3 credits, Requires about 15 hours per week of time.
JMC 3653, Section 1 – Radio News
Produce audio stories and features in the public radio style. The class meets each Friday morning but also has additional lab and meeting time. Over the semester, the class will produce five 30-minute magazine programs that will air on KGOU Radio. Each student will produce a 4-6 minute, highly produced story for each program. 4-6 students are needed for each semester. There are no prerequisites for this course except the desire to create great stories. Good writing skills a must. Enrollment is with permission of instructor. (3 credit hours)
Contact Karen Holp at email@example.com, or at 325-2222 to set up an appointment to talk about these opportunities.