Most Active Stories
- 1,400 Confirmed Dead In Nepal After Powerful Earthquake
- Landis: Saudi Arabia's New King Has Helped Put Syria's Assad On The Ropes
- Spiked Cabbage And Blown Glass Among Attractions At Annual Oklahoma City Festival
- Chemical Controversy Festering As Norman, Midwest City Disagree Over Water Plan
- Supreme Court To Hear Oklahoma Execution Protocol: Here's What You Need To Know
Open to students enrolled at the University of Oklahoma
Fall 2015 Semester
JMC 3011, section 3 – Practicum KGOU Radio, 1 credit, requires 6 hours per week during business hours, 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
JMC 4990/5990, section 25 – Independent Study, 1-3 credits, requires 6 hours per week per credit
Prior audio production experience is helpful.
Students in JMC 3011 or JMC 4990/5990 will meet for the first four Fridays at 1:30 pm of the semester for orientation and training, which will count toward the accumulation of weekly hours.
Students will work in one or more of the following areas:
- Music Show Preparation Assistant: research and prepare materials for on-air music programs and productions.
- Web assistant: prepare materials for web and post to various KGOU sites.
- Calendar assistant: prepare materials for web, write and edit broadcast copy.
- Operations assistant: edit audio files, do audio production.
Radio News, 3 credits, Requires about 15 hours per week of time.
JMC 3653, Section 1 – Radio News
Produce audio stories and features in the public radio style. The class meets each Friday morning but also has additional lab and meeting time. Over the semester, each member of the class will produce five (5) four-to-six minute, highly produced radio stories. Each week, students will be interviewing guests for their stories, writing scripts, meeting with KGOU staff for editing of scripts, and recording and editing their audio story. Four to six students are needed for each semester. There are no prerequisites for this course except the desire to create great stories. Good writing skills a must. Enrollment is with permission of instructor. (3 credit hours)
Contact Karen Holp at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 325-2222 to set up an appointment to talk about these opportunities.