The Corporation for Public Broadcasting provides KGOU with an annual grant and requires KGOU to disclose the following information. A paper copy of any of these reports is available by contacting the KGOU General Manager. These reports can be viewed at the KGOU offices or mailed.
In addition, an annual report required by the Federal Communications Commission is below, as well as other information.
1. Station Staff. A full list of station staff and contact information can be found at this link. You can send regular mail to any staff member at KGOU, 860 Van Vleet Oval, Room 300, Norman, OK 73019. The executive staff of KGOU is:
Weekend Blues Host
Manager of Development
2. Board of Directors. KGOU is owned by the University of Oklahoma and governed by the Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma. Information about the Board of Regents can be found here. The Board of Regents include Chairman of the Board of Regents for 2015-16 is Jon R. Stuart and vice chairman is A. Max Weitzenhoffer. Other members are Clayton I. Bennett, Kirk D. Humphreys, Leslie J. Rainbolt-Forbes, Bill W. Burgess, Jr. and C. Renzi Stone.
3. Open Meetings. By the Oklahoma Open Meetings Act (Sections 301 through 314 of Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statues), all meetings of the Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma are open to the public. Information on the date, time and location of the meeting available here. Agendas for the meetings are posted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting here. The agenda will indicate which sections of the meeting may be closed and for what reason. Minutes of past meetings are posted here. If you would like written notice via regular mail of these meetings, please contact the General Manager.
Meetings of the Board of Regents for 2016 are scheduled for the following dates.
January 28, 2016, Norman, Oklahoma
A regular meeting of the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents will be held on Thursday, January 28, 2016 at the University of Oklahoma campus in Norman, Oklahoma. The meeting begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Scholars Room of the Oklahoma Memorial Union. The meeting includes the Rogers State University Agenda, the Cameron University Agenda, and the University of Oklahoma Agenda. The detailed agenda for the Board of Regents is at this link (pdf file). KGOU Radio is on the agenda regarding the authorization for the purchase of auditing services for fiscal years 2016-2021 along with several other University units.
March 8 and 9, 2016, Oklahoma City
May 12 and 13, 2016, Norman, Oklahoma
June 20, 21 and 22, 2016, Norman, Oklahoma
September 14 and 15, 2016, Tulsa/Claremore, Oklahoma
October 25 and 26, 2016, Lawton, Oklahoma
December 1 and 2, 2016, Norman, Oklahoma
Please check the web page link above for updates, agendas and specific information about the regents and their meetings.
4. Community Advisory Board. By law, KGOU is not required and does not have a community advisory board.
5. Most Recent Audited Financial Statements. KGOU's most recent audited financial statements are here. This report is for Fiscal Year 2014. FY15 will be posted, at the latest, by January of 2016.
6. Annual Financial Reports. These reports are made annually to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. A copy of the most recent report is here: KGOU's CPB Financial Report FY14. Again, the FY15 report will be posted, at the latest, by January of 2016.
7. Employee and Contractor Compensation. The University of Okahoma does not file an IRS 990 report. Instead, here is the information required in Part VIIA and Part VVB for KGOU Radio: KGOU's Replication of IRS 990 for FY14.
8. Local Content and Services Report. This report, made annually to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting each February, is here. The latest one was written in February of 2015.
9. Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment. KGOU supports equal employment opportunities and works against discrimination in employment. KGOU operates within the principles outlined in the University of Oklahoma’s Office of Equal Opportunity. Click here to read KGOU's CPB Diversity Statement. This was written in September of 2015.
10. Equal Opportunity Report (EEO). Each year, KGOU prepares an equal opportunity report for the Federal Communications Commission. This is the latest report: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement. This was written in January of 2016.
11. Donor Privacy. KGOU does not sell, trade, or give its mailing and phone lists to any organization that is not directly associated with the station and its activities. KGOU does not allow its lists or databases to be used in any fashion that is not directly related to its activities and controlled by its procedures. Although KGOU may receive a number of requests for list-related information during the course of its business activities, KGOU has never participated in any arrangement that might compromise the security of its database information, nor does it intend to do so in the future.