The Corporation for Public Broadcasting provides KGOU with an annual grant and requires KGOU to disclose the following information. A paper copy of any of these reports is available by contacting the KGOU General Manager. These reports can be viewed at the KGOU offices or mailed.
In addition, an annual report required by the Federal Communications Commission is below, as well as other information.
1. Station Staff. A full list of station staff and contact information can be found at this link. You can send regular mail to any staff member at KGOU, 860 Van Vleet Oval, Room 300, Norman, OK 73019. The executive staff of KGOU is:
Weekend Blues Host
Manager of Development
2. Board of Directors. KGOU is owned by the University of Oklahoma and governed by the Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma. Information about the Board of Regents can be found here. The Board of Regents include Chairman of the Board of Regents for 2016-17 is A. Max Weitzenhoffer and the Vice Chairman is Clayton I. Bennett. Other members are Kirk D. Humphreys, Leslie J. Rainbolt-Forbes, Bill W. Burgess, Jr., C. Renzi Stone and Phil B. Albert.
3. Open Meetings. By the Oklahoma Open Meetings Act (Sections 301 through 314 of Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statues), all meetings of the Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma are open to the public. Information on the date, time and location of the meeting available here. Agendas for the meetings are posted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting here. The agenda will indicate which sections of the meeting may be closed and for what reason. Minutes of past meetings are posted here. If you would like written notice via regular mail of these meetings, please contact the General Manager.
Meetings of the Board of Regents for 2016 are scheduled for the following dates.
January 28, 2016, Norman, Oklahoma
A regular meeting of the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents will be held on Thursday, January 28, 2016 at the University of Oklahoma campus in Norman, Oklahoma. The meeting begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Scholars Room of the Oklahoma Memorial Union. The meeting includes the Rogers State University Agenda, the Cameron University Agenda, and the University of Oklahoma Agenda. The detailed agenda for the Board of Regents is at this link (pdf file). KGOU Radio is on the agenda regarding the authorization for the purchase of auditing services for fiscal years 2016-2021 along with several other University units.
March 8 and 9, 2016, Oklahoma City
A regular meeting of the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents will be held on Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at the Health Science Center campus of the University of Oklahoma campus at in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in the Harold Hamm Diabetes Center, Room 3300. The meeting begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Scholars Room of the Oklahoma Memorial Union. The meeting includes the Rogers State University Agenda, the Cameron University Agenda, and the University of Oklahoma Agenda. The detailed agenda for the Board of Regents is at this link (pdf file). KGOU Radio is not on the agenda.
May 12, 2016, Norman, Oklahoma
A regular meeting of the University Of Oklahoma Board Of Regents will be held on May 12, 2016 at the University of Oklahoma campus in Norman, Oklahoma in the Oklahoma Memorial Union. The meeting begins at 2:30 p.m. in the Scholars Room of the Union. The meeting includes the Rogers State University Agenda, the Cameron University Agenda, and the University of Oklahoma Agenda. KGOU is not on the agenda which is posted at this link (large pdf file).
June 20, 21, 2016, Norman, Oklahoma
A regular meeting of the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents will be held on June 20 and 21, 2016, at the University of Oklahoma campus in Norman at the Law Center.
On Monday, June 20, 2016, the schedule begins in the Sneed Lounge at 8 a.m. with the Cameron University Retreat, followed at 9 a.m. with the Rogers State University Retreat, and at 12:30 p.m. with the University of Oklahoma Retreat. Click this link for the agenda of the three retreats which outlines any proposed executive sessions and the legal citations required for such sessions. KGOU is not on the agenda.
On Tuesday, June 21, 2016, the Regents regular meeting begins at 9 a.m. in the Dick Bell Courtroom. Click this link for the agenda. KGOU Radio is not on the agenda.
September 14 and 15, 2016, Tulsa/Claremore, Oklahoma
October 25 and 26, 2016, Lawton, Oklahoma
December 1 and 2, 2016, Norman, Oklahoma
Please check the web page link above for updates, agendas and specific information about the regents and their meetings.
4. Community Advisory Board. By law, KGOU is not required and does not have a community advisory board.
5. Most Recent Audited Financial Statements. KGOU's most recent audited financial statements are here. This report is for Fiscal Year 2015.
6. Annual Financial Reports. These reports are made annually to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. A copy of the most recent report is here: KGOU's CPB Financial Report FY15.
7. Local Content and Services Report. This report, made annually to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting each February, is here. The latest one was written in February of 2016.
8. Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment. KGOU supports equal employment opportunities and works against discrimination in employment. KGOU operates within the principles outlined in the University of Oklahoma’s Office of Equal Opportunity. Click here to read KGOU's CPB Diversity Statement. This was written in September of 2015.
9. Equal Opportunity Report (EEO). Each year, KGOU prepares an equal opportunity report for the Federal Communications Commission. This is the latest report: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement. This was written in January of 2016.
10. Donor Privacy. KGOU does not sell, trade, or give its mailing and phone lists to any organization that is not directly associated with the station and its activities. KGOU does not allow its lists or databases to be used in any fashion that is not directly related to its activities and controlled by its procedures. Although KGOU may receive a number of requests for list-related information during the course of its business activities, KGOU has never participated in any arrangement that might compromise the security of its database information, nor does it intend to do so in the future.