Membership from listeners is our largest and most important source of income. Donations from individuals (memberships) account for approximately 60 percent of KGOU's cash income.
Your membership dollars make it possible for KGOU to purchase national programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered and This American Life, to produce local shows and online news content, and to maintain the delivery systems -- broadcast and online -- that bring it all to you. If you share in the experience of public radio, please share in the responsibility as well.
- Donations are accepted in any amount, in one-time payments or installments. For donations at certain levels, a small thank-you gift may be available.
- Donations may be made by credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer (EFT), or check. Donate now.
- KGOU accepts donations of automobiles.
- KGOU also accepts donations of publicly traded stock, appreciated real estate and bequests. (Contact Jolly Brown, Development Director)
- Employees of the University of Oklahoma may donate through payroll deduction with the OU Campus Campaign.
Donors may choose to give monthly by credit or debit card. When filling out our online card payment form, select the "ongoing" payment option.
We are now able to offer Sustainers the option of electronic funds transfers (EFT) through a bank account. This might be a better option for long-term donors, because monthly payments can continue on an ongoing basis unhampered by expiration dates.
If you have an existing Sustainer pledge and want to switch to EFT, please contact our Membership Director at (405) 325-0022.
KGOU also offers two major giving levels for philanthropic gifts to support operations:
- Director's Society for gifts of $500 to $1199
- Leadership Circle for gifts of $1200 and above
Leadership Circle and Director's Society members receive invitations to special KGOU events and quarterly updates from the KGOU General Manager. For more information about the benefits of leadership giving to KGOU, contact Jolly Brown, Development Director by e-mail or by calling 325-1601.