Most Active Stories
KGOU Income Sources
Private giving accounts for nearly 60 percent of KGOU's cash income. Cash support from the University of Oklahoma totals about 25 percent, and a grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting represents a little less than 13 percent. The remaining is miscellaneous income.
Membership from listeners is our most important source of income.
Your membership dollars help KGOU purchase programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered and This American Life. If you share in the experience of public radio, please share in the responsibility as well.
- Gifts are accepted in any amount, in one-time payments or installments.
- Gifts may be paid by credit card or check. (Click the 'Donate' button above)
- KGOU accepts donations of automobiles.
- KGOU also accepts gifts of publicly traded stock, appreciated real estate and bequests. (Contact Development Director)
- Employees of the University of Oklahoma may donate through payroll deduction with the OU Campus Campaign.
KGOU also offers two major giving levels for philanthropic gifts to support operations:
- Director's Society for gifts of $500 to $999
- Leadership Circle for gifts of $1000 and above
Leadership Circle and Director's Society members receive invitations to special KGOU events and quarterly updates from the KGOU General Manager. For more information about the benefits of leadership giving to KGOU, contact Jolly Brown, Development Director by e-mail or by calling 325-1601.