Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
Jim is a journalism/mass communications graduate from the University of Oklahoma. While still a student, he became the host of what is now The Weekend Blues. He currently serves as KGOU’s Program Director where he supervises all aspects of KGOU’s on-air programming output.
Jim serves as Program Chair for Jazz in June, Norman’s annual Jazz and Blues festival. He also enjoys singing and playing in a Blues/Rock band (guitar) in various venues around the metro.
A journey into the best in Blues, downhome Soul, classic R&B, and "roots"-inspired Rock n' Roll with "Hardluck" Jim -- some of the best music to ever ease a worried mind! The Weekend Blues has a strong commitment to Oklahoma's fine musicians and the many independent and lesser-known artists struggling to be heard. In addition, Jim offers the occasional artist "from out of the Blue" who may not be formally associated with the music, but who in one way or another either borrows from or contributes to the expanding landscape of the Blues.