Most Active Stories
- No Laptops, No Wi-Fi: How One Cafe Fired Up Sales
- Anadarko’s $5 Billion Environmental Settlement: Four Things Okies Should Know
- State House Votes To Deny Cities Wage Setting Power
- City Of Norman Awaiting Permit To Sell Reclaimed Water So Frackers Don’t Have To Use Drinking Water
- “Our People, Our Land, Our Images” Features The Perspectives Of Indigenous Photographers
Thu November 14, 2013
4th District's Cole Lands Powerful Subcommittee Role
U.S. Rep. Tom Cole has been appointed chairman of the U.S. House Appropriations Subcommittee on the Legislative Branch.
The subcommittee — along with its counterpart in the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee — oversees funding for the House of Representatives, Architect of the Capitol, Library of Congress, Capitol Police, Congressional Budget Office, Government Printing Office, Government Accountability Office and House committees.
Cole calls the appointment an honor and Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers said Cole will be an asset as the subcommittee's new leader.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.