Most Active Stories
- Dank: Oklahoma 'Wasted' $4.2M On 'August: Osage County'
- Best Wishes To Kurt Gwartney
- Elementary School Alternative To Land Run Reenactments Offers More Sides Of The Story
- How Abraham Lincoln Used 701 Words To "Bind Up The Nation's Wounds"
- Send In Your Photos: Oklahoma Tornado Project To Host Photo Exhibit On May 2013 Storms
Thu November 14, 2013
4th District's Cole Lands Powerful Subcommittee Role
U.S. Rep. Tom Cole has been appointed chairman of the U.S. House Appropriations Subcommittee on the Legislative Branch.
The subcommittee — along with its counterpart in the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee — oversees funding for the House of Representatives, Architect of the Capitol, Library of Congress, Capitol Police, Congressional Budget Office, Government Printing Office, Government Accountability Office and House committees.
Cole calls the appointment an honor and Appropriations Committee Chairman Hal Rogers said Cole will be an asset as the subcommittee's new leader.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.