Most Active Stories
- Capt. Randy Harrison Found Guilty
- High Methane Emissions In Oklahoma, Neighbors Linked To Oil And Gas
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
Fri October 11, 2013
Anti-"Redskins" Ad Features Oklahoma Congressman Tom Cole
The debate over the Washington Redskins name will follow the team on the road when it faces the rival Dallas Cowboys.
The ad features President Barack Obama — a Democrat — saying he would think about changing the name if he owned the team, and Oklahoma Congressman Tom Cole — a Republican — saying the name is "offensive."
The ad is part of an anti-"Redskins" campaign slated to air in cities where the Redskins play on the road this season.
The Oneida Indian Nation is also planning to meet with NFL representatives about the name.
On Wednesday, Redskins owner Dan Snyder called the name "a badge of honor."
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Affordable Care Act