Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Wed January 29, 2014
Bridenstine Says He Won't Run For Open Senate Seat
Bridenstine said Wednesday in a statement that he has been "honored and overwhelmed" by people encouraging him to run ever since Coburn announced his resignation earlier this month. But Bridenstine said he decided not to enter the race after "serious consideration and prayer."
Bridenstine was elected to the U.S. House in 2012 after upsetting Republican incumbent Rep. John Sullivan in the primary.
U.S. Rep. James Lankford has announced plans to enter the Senate race, and Oklahoma House Speaker T.W. Shannon planned to announce his candidacy in a series of events Wednesday.
Politics and Government