Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- Oklahoma Anti-Gay Business Bill Dead This Session
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Acknowledges Uphill Battle Against Fallin
Tue February 4, 2014
Democrat State Rep. Joe Dorman Declares Candidacy For Governor
Democratic state Rep. Joe Dorman has announced his candidacy for Oklahoma governor.
The Rush Springs lawmaker made the declaration Tuesday during stops in OklahomaCity at the Petroleum Club and at the Tulsa Press Club.
Dorman, who described himself as a "pro-life" Oklahoma Democrat in an interview in December, acknowledged he would face an uphill battle against incumbent Republican Gov. Mary Fallin, but said he looked forward to such a challenge.
The latest campaign finance reports show Fallin had more than $1.6 million in her campaign war chest at the end of 2013 and enjoys a huge fundraising advantage over both her GOP primary challenger and potential Democratic rival.
Dorman reported receiving more than $100,000 in donations during the final quarter of 2013.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Oklahoma Tornado Project