Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Thu September 26, 2013
Episode 371: Where Dollar Bills Come From
Originally published on Fri September 27, 2013 10:46 am
Every single dollar bill in the world — every $20, every $100, everything — is printed on paper made at one small mill in Massachusetts. That's been the case for 130 years.
On today's show, we visit the mill. And we hear the story of the guy who jumped out a hotel window to win the government contract to print all that paper.
Note: This episode was originally posted last year.