Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- Oklahoma Anti-Gay Business Bill Dead This Session
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Thu September 12, 2013
Feed The Children Looking To Businessmen For Guidance
Feed the Children has named two Texas businessmen to its growing international board of directors.
The Oklahoma City-based charity announced Thursday the appointments of Michael Dinkins of Frisco and Michael Hogan of Grapevine to the board.
Dinkins is the executive vice president and chief financial officer of Greatbatch, which designs and builds medical devices. Hogan is an executive vice president at GameStop, one of the world's largest video game retailers.
Feed the Children President and CEO Kevin Hagan said in a statement that Hogan will be an asset to the charity because of his corporate marketing and strategy expertise.
Feed the Children was founded in 1979 by Larry Jones, who became known for his heart-wrenching televised pleas for donations to help hungry children. The charity fired Jones in 2009.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.