Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Following Oklahoma's 2013 Tornadoes, Where Does Federal Aid Really Go?
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
"The Reddest State"
Wed December 4, 2013
GOP Superstars In Oklahoma
Whether it's Oklahoma's conservative reputation or the national profile of its own Republican leaders, the Sooner State is proving to be a popular spot lately for GOP superstars.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is scheduled to attend a birthday party fundraiser for Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin on Thursday. And last week U.S. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor visited Tulsa to raise money for U.S. Rep. Jim Bridenstine.
Christie is traveling the country in support of GOP governors from his perch as chairman of the Republican Governors Association and has dismissed any talk of a 2016 presidential campaign.
But Fallin says Oklahoma's reputation as one of the reddest states in the country makes it an attractive target for potential national candidates.