Most Active Stories
- 1,400 Confirmed Dead In Nepal After Powerful Earthquake
- Spiked Cabbage And Blown Glass Among Attractions At Annual Oklahoma City Festival
- Landis: Saudi Arabia's New King Has Helped Put Syria's Assad On The Ropes
- Supreme Court To Hear Oklahoma Execution Protocol: Here's What You Need To Know
- How The 1970s Changed The Role Of Human Rights In U.S. Foreign Policy
Tue January 7, 2014
Group Unveils Satan Statue Design For Oklahoma
A group has unveiled designs for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan that it wants at the Oklahoma state Capitol.
The New York-based Satanic Temple released an artist's rendering of the monument Monday. A spokesman says the group has formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds.
The statue features a goat-headed Satan sitting in a throne with children next to it.
The Satanic Temple says Oklahoma's decision to put a Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol opened the door for its statute.
Temple spokesman Lucien Greaves says it's moving forward with plans to have its monument approved, despite the Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission's decision to place a moratorium on new requests.
The commission says it's waiting until a lawsuit over the Ten Commandments has been settled.
"Far From Reality"