Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Wed August 7, 2013
Inhofe Says He Will Run Again
Oklahoma Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe says he's running for another term in the U.S. Senate.
The senator announced his plans Wednesday to seek his fourth term representingOklahoma. In an interview Wednesday with Tulsa radio station KRMG Inhofe said he made his decision to run again after President Barack Obama was re-elected last November.
Inhofe would be 80 if re-elected next year to another six-year term in the Senate.
Democrat Matt Silverstein has filed to run against Inhofe.
Silverstein reported raising $83,000 since starting up his campaign in June and $74,000 at the end of the reporting cycle on June 30. Campaign finance reports show that Inhofe had more than $1.2 million on hand at the end of the reporting cycle.