Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Why Oklahoma’s Wind Energy Future Could Be Shaped By Osage County
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- This Week In Indian Country
- Fallin Rejects Ritze Call For ‘Catastrophic Health Emergency'
Says Cuts Would Be Unsafe For Aviation
Thu January 9, 2014
Inhofe Wants Full Funding For Airport Towers
U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe is pushing his Senate colleagues for full funding of a Federal Aviation Administration program that funds 149 contract towers at airports across the country.
Inhofe announced in a press release Thursday that he and West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin sent a letter to leaders of the Senate Appropriations Committee and a subcommittee on transportation funding, urging them to fully fund the Contract Tower Program.
Inhofe touted the cost effectiveness of the contract towers, which were targeted for funding elimination as a result of the mandatory sequestration cuts last year.
A longtime pilot, Inhofe said the cuts would hinder the "safety and integrity of general aviation operations."
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.