Most Active Stories
- Conservatives To Protest Attorney General Eric Holder's Oklahoma Trip
- Millions Of Pounds Worth Of Tornado Debris: Where Does It All Go?
- Dank: Oklahoma 'Wasted' $4.2M On 'August: Osage County'
- Elementary School Alternative To Land Run Reenactments Offers More Sides Of The Story
- Three Reasons Why American Artists Rarely Painted The Civil War
Sun June 16, 2013
Jazz in June Ready to Bloom
June 16, 2013
This is from the Manager’s Desk. This week is the big week for the Jazz in June concerts, clinics and musician jams here in Norman – Thursday through Saturday -- the 20th through the 22nd. Here's the link to the Jazz in June web page to find more information about the concerts – from locations, times, the artistic line up and more.
The music behind this edition of the Manager's Desk is the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, headliners for Saturday night’s concert. But there are a nice range of musicians from the blues to jazztronica to the American song book to New Orleans second line. And all the concerts are free – that’s right, no tickets to purchase, but we do pass the bucket at the concerts for voluntary donations.
KGOU is a partner in the Jazz in June concerts and glad to support this great annual event. I hope to see you there!
Thanks! From the Manager’s Desk, I’m Karen Holp.