Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Following Oklahoma's 2013 Tornadoes, Where Does Federal Aid Really Go?
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
Fri July 11, 2014
Miranda Lambert And The Soft Side Of Tough
Originally published on Fri July 11, 2014 8:57 am
Miranda Lambert has painted herself as one of country music's bad girls: Whether it's solo or with her trio Pistol Annies, she's got a deep catalog of songs about revenge, guns, cigarettes and beer. But her new album, Platinum, shows a more vulnerable side.
Lambert recently spoke with Morning Edition about writing the song "Bathroom Sink" after a year of tabloid headlines about her weight gain and loss; she also describes the lessons she'd like to communicate to her youngest female fans. Hear more at the audio link.
All Songs Considered