Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Thu September 26, 2013
Moore Building Permits Increase
Officials in Moore say the city has issued a record number of building permits since the May 20 tornado that devastated the community.
City officials say Moore issued 78 building permits in the last month — compared to 24 permits issued at the same time last year. Of those, 54 permits are for rebuilding and 24 are new construction.
Moore development services manager Shane Speegle says the pace of projects has picked up in recent weeks. He tells The Norman Transcript that the city has issued 218 storm rebuilding permits since the tornado struck.
But officials say it's just a start — the Federal Emergency Management Agency estimates that 1,300 homes were destroyed in the storm.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Around The State