Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- Oklahoma Anti-Gay Business Bill Dead This Session
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Thu September 26, 2013
Moore Building Permits Increase
Officials in Moore say the city has issued a record number of building permits since the May 20 tornado that devastated the community.
City officials say Moore issued 78 building permits in the last month — compared to 24 permits issued at the same time last year. Of those, 54 permits are for rebuilding and 24 are new construction.
Moore development services manager Shane Speegle says the pace of projects has picked up in recent weeks. He tells The Norman Transcript that the city has issued 218 storm rebuilding permits since the tornado struck.
But officials say it's just a start — the Federal Emergency Management Agency estimates that 1,300 homes were destroyed in the storm.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Around The State