Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
- Why Oklahoma’s Wind Energy Future Could Be Shaped By Osage County
Some House Committees Get New Leaders
Mon March 3, 2014
New Speaker Of The House Hickman Announces Changes In Leadership
The newly elected speaker of the Oklahoma House of Representatives has announced several changes to the chairs and vice chairs of various House committees.
Republican Speaker Jeff Hickman announced the leadership changes on Tuesday.
Among the major changes were Norman Rep. Aaron Stiles replacing Rep. Leslie Osborn as chair of the Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Mike Reynolds replacing Rep. Jason Murphey as chair of the Government Modernization and Accountability Committee. Osborn will now chair a budget subcommittee instead.
Hickman also named Rep. Earl Sears of Bartlesville to replace Rep. Tom Newell as vice-chair of the powerful House Appropriations and Budget Committee.
Most of the chairs and vice chairs appointed by former House Speaker T.W. Shannon remained unchanged.
Last week ended committee work for bills originating in the House.
KGOU relies on voluntary contributions from readers and listeners to further its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. To contribute to our efforts, make your donation online, or contact our Membership department.
Committee created by T.W. Shannon