Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
Thu July 25, 2013
Norman I-35 Main Street Bridge Coming Down
The Oklahoma Dept. of Transportation will begin tearing down the Main St. bridge in Norman that spans I-35 starting Thursday night.
Work on the demolition is scheduled between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. daily, through the end of next week (if the weather cooperates).
During the deconstruction, some lanes of I-35 will be closed, but all four lanes of the road are supposed to remain open during the day.
The Norman Main St. bridge was first built in 1959. It is being replaced by a new interchange controlled by a single set of traffic lights. This will be the second Single Point Urban Interchange in Oklahoma.