Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
Mon July 8, 2013
OKC Boulevard Still Work In Progress
The Oklahoma Dept. of Transportation continues to seek public input on the future development of the Oklahoma City Boulevard. The new street is part of the re-alignment of Interstate 40 near downtown.
Many residents expressed concern over early versions of the boulevard during a series of public meetings on the proposal, which included a longer elevated portion of the roadway.
The Oklahoma Dept. of Transportation has links to documents and illustrations made available at the public meeting. Officials are encouraging residents to provide their input on the public comment form.