Most Active Stories
- Roland Clinic Draws Scrutiny From Oklahoma Drug Enforcers
- ‘Pride Of The Plains’: National Geographic Calls Oklahoma City ‘Best Trip’ Of 2015
- Christmas Bird Count In Oklahoma Starts At Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- ‘The Price Of Sex’: Documentary Sheds Light On International Sex Trade
- Bill Calls For Deregulation Of State-Produced Firearms
Thu July 24, 2014
Oklahoma Senate Leader Appoints Final Three To Repair Panel
The leader of the Oklahoma Senate has approved three members to a committee that will oversee a $120 million renovation of the state Capitol.
The three will serve on a nine-member, bipartisan committee created under a bill approved last session that authorizes a $120 million bond issue to pay for repairs to the nearly 100-year-old building.
Gov. Mary Fallin previously named David Thompson of Edmond, Phil Kennedy of Lawton and Steve Mason of Oklahoma City to the panel.
Politics and Government
Governor expected to sign bill
State Capitol Repairs