Most Active Stories
- That April Morning: The Oklahoma City Bombing
- Tulsa Reserve Sheriff's Deputy Turns Himself In To Face Manslaughter Charges
- In Southwest Oklahoma, A Farmer Harvests The Wind And Watches The State Capitol
- Gov. Fallin Signs Bill Banning Abortions That Dismember A Fetus
- Attorney General Scott Pruitt Says He Will Protect Citizens Distributing Bibles At Schools
Thu July 24, 2014
Oklahoma Senate Leader Appoints Final Three To Repair Panel
The leader of the Oklahoma Senate has approved three members to a committee that will oversee a $120 million renovation of the state Capitol.
The three will serve on a nine-member, bipartisan committee created under a bill approved last session that authorizes a $120 million bond issue to pay for repairs to the nearly 100-year-old building.
Gov. Mary Fallin previously named David Thompson of Edmond, Phil Kennedy of Lawton and Steve Mason of Oklahoma City to the panel.
Politics and Government
Governor expected to sign bill
State Capitol Repairs