Most Active Stories
- Professor Argues In Favor Of Hobby Lobby's Supreme Court Case
- Challenge To Ten Commandments Monument Dismissed In Federal Court
- Tennis Ball-Sized Hail, Wildfires Possible As Cold Front Arrives In Oklahoma
- Before SAE, Ferguson Inspires University Of Oklahoma Minority Rights Group
- The 'Other' Parker Rice: How The OU Scandal Trapped A Student With The Same Name
Thu July 24, 2014
Oklahoma Senate Leader Appoints Final Three To Repair Panel
The leader of the Oklahoma Senate has approved three members to a committee that will oversee a $120 million renovation of the state Capitol.
The three will serve on a nine-member, bipartisan committee created under a bill approved last session that authorizes a $120 million bond issue to pay for repairs to the nearly 100-year-old building.
Gov. Mary Fallin previously named David Thompson of Edmond, Phil Kennedy of Lawton and Steve Mason of Oklahoma City to the panel.
Politics and Government
Governor expected to sign bill
State Capitol Repairs