Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
- Oklahoma's Chief Justice Warns Judges To Talk To Their Constituents
Thu June 5, 2014
Oklahoma Wildfire Risk Website Available To Public
Oklahoma Forestry Services has rolled out a new website to help homeowners and communities determine their wildfire risk and eliminate potential hazards.
The Southern Wildfire Risk Assessment Portal, or SouthWRAP, allows users in Oklahoma and 11 other states to identify wildfire threats based on landscape characteristics, historical fire occurrence, weather conditions and terrain. It also routes users to resources that can help them implement practices to address the threats and reduce risks.
State Forester George Geissler says SouthWRAP is the best tool available to determine wildfire risk. It provides user-friendly public access to wildfire risk assessment data that previously wasn't readily available.
The site offers professional and public applications, providing both groups with the ability to generate maps and download data and reports in their areas.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Burn ban prohibits any outdoor burning
Logan County Fire