Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
Associated Press Picks
Tue December 31, 2013
Oklahoma's Top Ten Stories
Associated Press members overwhelmingly picked the Moore tornado and other violent storms as the top story of 2013.
Coming in second was the slaying of Australian baseball player Christopher Lane in Duncan. Third was the conviction of two former lawmakers in a bribery case, and the custody battle over Baby Veronica is fourth.
Hobby Lobby's challenge over a birth-control mandate is fifth, while the Legislature's reworking of Oklahoma's tort reform law came in sixth. Seventh place goes to the income tax cut approved by lawmakers — and later thrown out by the OklahomaSupreme Court.
The discovery of two cars and several bodies in Foss Lake is eighth, while the investigation of Tulsa dentist Dr. Scott Harrington is ninth.
A recent increase in earthquakes came in 10th.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.
Confused By Conflicting Decisions