Most Active Stories
- That April Morning: The Oklahoma City Bombing
- Tulsa Reserve Sheriff's Deputy Turns Himself In To Face Manslaughter Charges
- In Southwest Oklahoma, A Farmer Harvests The Wind And Watches The State Capitol
- Gov. Fallin Signs Bill Banning Abortions That Dismember A Fetus
- Attorney General Scott Pruitt Says He Will Protect Citizens Distributing Bibles At Schools
death due to physical restraint
Tue June 3, 2014
OSBI Completes Investigation Into Death Outside Moore Movie Theater
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation says its investigation into the death of a man who died after a struggle with police outside a movie theater in Moore is complete.
OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown said Tuesday the report on the death of 44-year-old Luis Rodriguez has been given to the Cleveland County District Attorney's office and the Moore Police Department.
State medical authorities say Rodriguez died in February as a result of cardiac arrhythmia due to physical restraint and an underlying heart condition.
Police say Rodriguez became uncooperative as officers questioned him about a possible domestic disturbance. A cellphone video shows police handcuffing Rodriguez as he lies on his stomach. He's later placed on a stretcher.
Three Moore police officers were placed on administrative leave after the incident.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.