Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
Wed August 28, 2013
Parents Of Missing Student Return From Ecuador
An Oklahoma City couple has returned from Ecuador without their son, a class valedictorian possibly kidnapped while the family was in South America for a vacation.
The Oklahoma reported Wednesday that Chris and Randa Reiger recently returned to the state while the search for their son August goes on. Another son is back at school.
Ecuadoran authorities believe August Reiger was kidnapped because they have no other reasonable explanation for his disappearance. They say he would have been found by now if he had been lost or had fallen off a trail.
The 18-year-old was a valedictorian at Classen School of Advanced Studies last May. His family had been staying at Banos, a mountain town considered safe for tourists. He disappeared June 16 while hiking near their hotel.