Most Active Stories
- Mary Fallin In A Close Contest With Joe Dorman For Reelection
- Bureau Of Narcotics: Object To Initiative To Legalize Marijuana But Prepare For Passage
- UPDATE: Fallin's Office Says Barresi Will Not Be Secretary Of Education
- Following Oklahoma's 2013 Tornadoes, Where Does Federal Aid Really Go?
- Gov. Fallin Says Gay Marriage Ruling Tramples States' Rights
Darryl Robertson Making Bid For Mullin's Seat
Fri February 21, 2014
Pro Fisherman And Political Novice Announces Candidacy
A professional bass fisherman has announced a bid for Congress, challenging the seat held by incumbent Republican U.S. Rep. Markwayne Mullin.
Political novice Darrel Robertson, who's also a Republican, says the values he was taught from infancy "are being mocked in Washington."
Mullin, who owns a plumbing company, won victory in 2012 to fill the seat vacated by moderate Democrat Dan Boren, who decided against running again.
Mullin was part of a new breed of conservative politicians and quickly proved it with a vote against allocating funds for victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Mullin's district stretches across 26 eastern Oklahoma counties — from the foothills of the Ozark Mountains in the northeast to the Red River border with Texas in the south.