If you documented any part of the tornadoes that devastated parts of Oklahoma in May of 2013 through still photography, KGOU is asking you to share your photos for possible inclusion in an exhibit marking the one-year anniversary.
KGOU's Ahead of the Storm: The Oklahoma Tornado Project is partnering with Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center to present a curated photography exhibit dedicated to last May’s storms in Oklahoma. Photo submissions should represent the storms of May 2013, and may include the aftermath and recovery. Selected photos will be displayed in an exhibit at Leadership Square in downtown Oklahoma City during the month of May 2014.
Submissions should be mailed to: Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center, 3000 General Pershing Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73107. They may also be dropped off during regular business hours: Mon.-Sat., 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Guidelines for Photo Submissions:
- Deadline to submit photos is Friday, April 18 at 5 p.m.
- Photos should be no smaller than 8 ½ by 10 inches and no larger than 22 by 30 inches.
- Each photo submission should include a short caption for the photo (no longer than 20 words) which may include the location where the photo was taken. Submissions should also include contact information for the photographer (phone, address, email).
- Photographers will be contacted by e-mail or phone if their photo is selected for the exhibit. Selected photos will be matted and framed.
- After the exhibit's conclusion, photos may be picked up at Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center through June 30, 2014. After that date the photos become the property of Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center.
- Selected photos will be exhibited at Leadership Square in Oklahoma City during the month of May 2014, and honored at an opening reception on May 6, 2014.
- Selected photos may be used for promotional purposes or displayed in other settings or on digital platforms.
For more information, contact Development Director Jolly Brown at 325-1601.