Most Active Stories
- For OU's Young Choreographers, Art Can Come From Daydreams
- Oklahoma City Zoo's New Baby Elephant Finally Has A Name, And It Is...
- Teacher Evaluation System Could Be Delayed Again
- Cherokee Makes A Living Map Showing Pre-Contact Native America
- 'Kings When It's Good': Oklahoma Braces For Possible Crude Crash
Charged In Federal Court
Tue August 12, 2014
Tulsa Man Threatens Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid
A 31-year-old Tulsa man has been charged in federal court with threatening to kill U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and harm the Nevada lawmaker's family.
In the 10-page complaint announced Tuesday, prosecutors allege that Charles Jason Moreland sent expletive-filled emails to Reid in April, declaring that he was "a dead man."
Moreland also allegedly wrote to Reid that if he ever "steps foot out of D.C. he will be done," and added in the message that the Democrat needed to resign immediately "or face stern, harsh, unimaginable consequences to him and his family."
Phone messages left with the FBI and Moreland's defense attorney were not immediately returned Tuesday. A phone message left with a staffer in Reid's Washington office was also not immediately returned.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.