Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
House Speaker Shannon Meeting In Coffee Shops
Tue August 20, 2013
T.W. Shannon Wants To Have A Cup Of Coffee With Constituents
House Speaker T.W. Shannon is hosting public meetings this week with Republican members of the House and their constituents.
The Lawton Republican plans to meet at coffee shops Tuesday in Oklahoma City and Norman to discuss some of the highlights of the last legislative session and the upcoming special session that is set to begin on Sept. 3 for changes to the state's civil justice system.
Shannon will be at the Kamp's 1910 Cafe at 10 a.m. Thursday in Oklahoma City, followed by a 2 p.m. stop at La Baguette in west Norman.
Shannon also has events scheduled in Lawton and Duncan on Thursday.
A spokesman for the first-term speaker of the House says Shannon also plans to host similar events in Shawnee, Tulsa and Guthrie in the near future.