Most Active Stories
- Breaking Down India’s Caste System Through Education
- SLIDESHOW: StateImpact's Joe Wertz's Images From The May 20 Tornado
- Despite Opposition, State Education Officials Say Repeal Of Common Core Standards ‘Unlikely’
- UPDATE: Winter Weather Warning Issued For Most Of The State
- Reporting Mexico’s Drug War From Oaxaca To Oklahoma
Fri September 27, 2013
World Views: September 27, 2013
Over the last decade, the foreign-born population in Mexico has nearly doubled, and the country is turning into an immigrant destination. Suzette Grillot talks with University of Oklahoma Latin America scholar Alan McPherson about the new dynamics of migration in our southern neighbor.
Later, a conversation with environmental journalist Emma Marris. She writes about “assisted migration” - deliberately helping plants and animals colonize new habitats.
KGOU is a community-supported news organization and relies on contributions from readers and listeners to fulfill its mission of public service to Oklahoma and beyond. Donate online, or by contacting our Membership department.