Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 1,400 Confirmed Dead In Nepal After Powerful Earthquake
- Landis: Saudi Arabia's New King Has Helped Put Syria's Assad On The Ropes
- Chemical Controversy Festering As Norman, Midwest City Disagree Over Water Plan
- Supreme Court To Hear Oklahoma Execution Protocol: Here's What You Need To Know
- How The 1970s Changed The Role Of Human Rights In U.S. Foreign Policy
Assignment: Radio is KGOU's student-produced public affairs program focusing on issues and events on the University of Oklahoma campus.
Each semester since Fall 2004, the staff of KGOU has helped a small group of University of Oklahoma students produce programs on topics ranging from OU's connection with Iraq to the university's alcoholic beverage policy to an entire show taking a behind-the-scenes look at OU football game day.
Student producers typically meet in a class once a week to critique previous shows, discuss their upcoming stories and brainstorm future program topics. Their work is graded, and they earn class credits for their participation with the show.