Most Active Stories
- Pro-Pot Petition Seeks To Decriminalize Cannabis In Oklahoma City
- SXSW Diary: Aereo, The Supreme Court And TV's Future
- VIDEO: Propane Prices Continue Drop, But Remain Much Higher Than In Any Other Year
- Oscar Talk: The Five Academy Award Nominees For Best Foreign Language Film
- OKC's Cheseapeake Energy Accused Of Collusion
You may copy, download one copy on a single computer, and print a limited amount of content, for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify the content, and you do not use the content in a manner that suggests KGOU or its partners and content providers promote or endorse your, or any third party's, causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, and you do not use the content in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. In addition, you may use content feeds, podcasts and tools on the KGOU web site that allow selected user-submitted materials to appear on your personal, noncommercial web site, weblog or other application, subject to the conditions in the preceding sentence.
No quotes from any material on the KGOU web site may be used in any media without attribution to KGOU or its content providers.
Any other use of KGOU content requires prior written permission from KGOU. For permission requests, contact KGOU General Manager Karen Holp at KGOU Public Radio, 860 Van Vleet Oval, Norman, Oklahoma, 73019.
Through interactive portions of the KGOU web site, through the Contact Us links, and through other features, users may post, upload, transmit and/or otherwise submit comments, messages, other text, photos, images, story ideas, essays, and other content and materials, and make recommendations, on or through the KGOU web site ("User Materials"). You acknowledge that User Materials may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties on our behalf, and the Internet, and may be viewed by the general public. You acknowledge that the KGOU web site and its features are for public, and not private, communications.
We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User Materials at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so. If we elect to screen User Materials, there may be a delay in the posting of such content to allow for a review process. If we have questions about your User Materials, we have the right, but not the duty, to contact you for further information, including, for example, to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise have the rights to post the User Materials.
You retain the copyright and other ownership rights in any User Materials that you submit on or through the KGOU web site. However, by submitting User Materials on or through the KGOU web site, you hereby grant KGOU, NPR, NPR member stations, and other content providers, and their respective licensees, a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, and/or adapt your User Materials in any and all media formats or channels, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the KGOU web site, StateImpact Oklahoma web site and its partner web sites, NPR’s web site, NPR member station web sites, applications and services, third party licensee web sites, applications and services, over the air (on radio or television), and other applications and services, without payment and without further consent or notice to you. You further grant KGOU, its content providers and partners, NPR, its member stations, and their licensees the right to contact you in connection with your User Materials and to use your name, city and state and other information that you have provided in connection with the User Materials.
Links to the KGOU Web Site
KGOU encourages and permits links to content on the KGOU web site. However, KGOU is an organization committed to the highest journalistic ethics and standards and to independent, noncommercial journalism, both in fact and in appearance. Therefore, the linking should not suggest that KGOU or its licensees and content providers promote or endorse any third party's causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, or use KGOU content for inappropriate commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. KGOU reserves the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
The KGOU web site contain links to Internet sites, applications and services maintained by third parties, over which KGOU has no control. KGOU does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. KGOU and its licensee shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
In some cases, the KGOU web site may include certain embedded tools provided and controlled by third parties and governed by the terms and policies of the third parties. You should only use these third party tools if you agree to their respective terms and policies.
KGOU provides Really Simple Syndication (RSS) content feeds, and provides or may provide other content feeds on or through the KGOU web site, consisting of a selection of headlines, summaries or text blurbs, and links to full stories, which are delivered to users using RSS or other syndication technology (collectively, the "Content Feeds"). The Content Feeds are available for personal, noncommercial use or for noncommercial use on the web site, weblog or similar application of a nonprofit corporation which is exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and which is not a news organization ("501(c)(3) Nonprofit Corporation"). You may display, excerpt from, and link to the Content Feeds on your personal web site, weblog, or similar application for personal, noncommercial purposes or on your 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Corporation web site, weblog, or similar application for noncommercial purposes, provided that the links redirect the user to the KGOU web site when the user clicks on them, you do not insert any intermediate page, splash page or other content between the links and the applicable KGOU web site page, the use or display does not suggest that KGOU or its partners promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, the fundamental meaning of the content contained in the Content Feeds, including the headlines and summaries, is not changed or distorted, and you do not modify the stories or other content that are linked to by the Content Feeds. If you display an entire Content Feed on your personal or 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Corporation web site, weblog or similar application, you may not redistribute the Content Feed, and you must provide attribution to KGOU or the relevant Content Provider adjacent to the Content Feed.
KGOU provides podcasts (the "Podcasts") consisting of selected audio content that is provided using an XML feed and associated audio file so that the audio file may be downloaded and played from a user's computer, mobile device or other portable listening device. Podcasts are available for personal, noncommercial use only. You may download, copy and/or transfer to a mobile or portable listening device the Podcasts for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify the content. You also may link to Podcasts from your web site, weblog or similar application, as long as the links redirect the user to the KGOU web site when the user clicks on them, you do not insert any intermediate page, splash page or other content between the links and the applicable portion of the KGOU web site, the linking does not suggest that KGOU or its partners promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, you do not use KGOU content for inappropriate commercial purposes, and you provide attribution to KGOU or the relevant content provider adjacent to the link.
Rules for Use of the Service
By using the KGOU web site, Submitting User Materials, using Content Feeds or Podcasts, or by using any other features of the KGOU web site, you agree to the following rules:
1. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to submit any User Materials or personally-identifying information on or through the KGOU web site. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may browse the KGOU web site with the consent of your parent(s) or guardian(s), so long as you do not submit any User Materials. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address or email address.
2. You may not submit any User Materials under a false name or a false e-mail address. You may not impersonate another user or provide any false information about yourself.
3. You may not submit any User Materials or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law, harmful to children, in violation of third party privacy rights, or that constitutes hate speech or a personal attack.
5. The KGOU web site can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. You cannot submit any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods and services, or recruiting. You may not use the KGOU web site for political campaigning, recruiting votes, or soliciting support for legislative or other initiatives.
6. You may not submit any software or other material which contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents, programs or device. You may not use the KGOU web site to distribute chain letters, mass mailings, "spam," or duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws, or to gather usernames and/or e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other communications to other users of the KGOU web site.
7. You may not interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the KGOU web site, any portion or contents thereof, or related systems or networks, or use the KGOU web site in any way which degrades its reliability, speed or operation, or its underlying hardware or software. In addition you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the KGOU web site or related systems or networks.
If you submit any materials or personally-identifying information on or through the KGOU Web site, you agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless KGOU, its content providers and their respective directors, officers, employees, members, and licensees from any and all claims, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from your breach of any of the above representations and terms, your use of the products or services, the materials you have submitted, or KGOU's publication, distribution or use of such materials, or the authorized publication, distribution or use of your submitted materials by KGOU and its partners, licensees, and users.
KGOU and its partners do not promise that their products and services will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor do KGOU and its partners make any promises as to the results that may be obtained from use of these products or services. Use of the KGOU web site, content and materials, content feeds and podcasts is entirely at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will KGOU, its officers, partners or employees be liable for any indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive damages arising out of the use or inability to use its products or services.
Right to Change Products and Services
KGOU and its partners reserve the right to change, terminate or suspend its products and/or services, including, but not limited to, content feeds, podcasts, and any content or materials contained on the KGOU site, in any way, at any time and for any reason or no reason. KGOU and/or its partners also have the right to require you to cease accessing any features, content or materials.